cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m not seeing an option to add a watermark to my photos.

I’m not seeing an option to add a watermark to my photos.

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

I tried to follow the instructions for adding a watermark to our photos.  I am the owner of the file.  I was able to preview and then click "watermark."  At that point I did not see any option for text or image.  How do I create the watermark and apply it to our photos (basically want to add our name to the bottom of the photo.)  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

SOLVED!  The challenge is the default values when you select watermark basically didn't work so it was impossible to see the watermark.  I selected bottom right, but had to change the size to 102.5 and the opacity to "full."  Once I did that, I could actually see the watermark.  Thanks to Pete in tech support, who while he didn't solve it, gave me enough ideas for me to play with so that I figured it out on my own.  Suggestion to Dropbox that you change the default values so that no one else has to go through the same trial, error and frustration that I did!  

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @kathyh55, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I just tested this on my end and it worked fine for me.

Can you send us a screenshot of what you see after you click on the "watermark" option?

Also, can you try it from a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if you get a different behavior?

Let me know how it goes.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

I tried with both Safari and Firefox. I am on a MacBook Pro.  Same problem.  See attached screenshot.  Your help is MOST APPRECIATED!  Thank you!Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 3.08.18 PM.jpg

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Hey @kathyh55, hope it’s OK to jump in. 

From what I can see, all edit options for this image are grayed out. 

Can you open the preview of another photo you own on Dropbox and let me know if you see the same thing?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

Yes, all options are grayed out.  I checked another image in that same folder and a different one in a different folder just to be sure.  The latter one was not shared with anyone and again I am the owner of the file.  I used FireFox.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info, Kathy!

Just as a test, can you upload an image file to your account, this time to your main Dropbox, in "all files", not in a specific folder, and let us know if the options are grayed out there as well?

Also, how large is the photo in size?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

Yes they are still grayed out.  File size on two other ones in all files are 297 KB and 2.59 MB just to show the range.  On the original one at issue in the folder is 2.79 MB.

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi @kathyh55,

Thanks for reporting this. I've notified our engineering team who is currently looking into the matter. I'll provide an update here when I have more information to share.

Ben

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

I upgraded to Dropbox Professional and worked with tech support but while the watermark options came active, they would not "take" on my pictures.  There is a help ticket now open.  Please let me know what you find.  FYI, there was a browser issue with Safari so I am now sticking to Firefox.  Thank you

kathyh55
Helpful | Level 6

SOLVED!  The challenge is the default values when you select watermark basically didn't work so it was impossible to see the watermark.  I selected bottom right, but had to change the size to 102.5 and the opacity to "full."  Once I did that, I could actually see the watermark.  Thanks to Pete in tech support, who while he didn't solve it, gave me enough ideas for me to play with so that I figured it out on my own.  Suggestion to Dropbox that you change the default values so that no one else has to go through the same trial, error and frustration that I did!  

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BenDBX Community Manager
    kathyh55 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?