cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to permanently delete an empty Team folder inside a Member folder?

How to permanently delete an empty Team folder inside a Member folder?

Graham C.10
Explorer | Level 3

I'm really not sure how I've done this but I've ended up with an empty Team folder inside a Member folder.  As the Team admin I can access the Member folder but the Team folder has no members. If I open Dropbox.com, go to the empty Team folder and select the Share button everything is greyed out and I'm unable to give myself access. How do I permanently remove the empty Team folder?

14 Replies 14

Graham C.10
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy

I need to know how to delete the "Graham ... (graham)" folder which appeared overnight. There's nothing in this folder that I want. Therefore, I'd like to permanently delete the folder. What do I need to do to achieve this?

As per your suggestion, I've tried to move the team folder so that it sits outside of the "Graham ... (graham)" folder. However, there's no option to move the folder so I was not able to do this.

Regards, Graham.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Graham, If you find again the folder you want to delete in your Member folder and hover over it, do you see a button with 3 dots on its right side? I’ve attached a screenshot as well of how the button should look like: 

If you click on this button with the 3 dots, you should be seeing an option to delete the folder among else. 

If the option is missing though, please send me a screenshot of what you see after clicking on it.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Graham C.10
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Nancy

After having located the "Graham Clark (graham)" member folder in Dropbox.com when I hover over the folder a Share button does not appear plus when I select the button with the three dots on it a small menu appears but the menu does not contain an option to delete the folder (see my screenshot below).

Regards, Graham.

2024-06-19 22.26.24 www.dropbox.com 015184bfcb95.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Graham C.10, this is a personal folder on a Dropbox Business team, which is permanent and can't be deleted or shared directly. 

It is separate from the team space, which are the team folders you see beneath it with the building icon on them. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

nada_dbx
Dropbox Product Manager

It's also possible that this MUSIC folder is not owned by your team and is actually a team folder from another team that has been shared with you. That is why it is in your team member folder and not in the team space. You can check who the owner is by clicking on the 3 dots and selecting 'Manage permissions'.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

nada_dbx Dropbox Product Manager
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Graham C.10 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?