cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I purge the files from my Deleted files page?

How can I purge the files from my Deleted files page?

New member | Level 2

I need to completely empty my delete folder to free up storage space.

I have already deleted the files from the cache on my Mac. But I need to remove the files from the delete folder on the Dropbox site.

I check the box next to the file name in the delete folder. But no option to remove the file appears. There is no delete link, no garbage can icon. 

I know that the Delete folder will automatically clear out eventually, but how do I clear out the delete folder right away?

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Hi @1869785 

Deleted files do not use quota, so, you do not need to purge anything. 

Once you delete a file you recover that space. Same with previous versions. That doesn't use quota. 

If you are still out of space have you looked at www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

c-3po
Dropbox Staff

For permanently deleting files take a look at https://help.dropbox.com/delete-restore/delete-files

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

c-3po Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?