cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File Request uploads now adding then deleting

Files uploaded via file request are added and then, almost immediately, deleted.

PtboPete
Explorer | Level 3

Hi all, long time user here running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro and up to date Dropbox Basic with 20 Gb storage. I have been using file requests for several years with no problems. In that time people have sent me between 1-10 files. I just created a new request and told people to drag and drop a folder which contains between 100 to 500 files. Tonight the first person sent in their folder containing 180 files. Inside the request folder, their folder showed up followed by the first file. After that the next file would show up briefly in my computer and then disappear. This went on for the remaining 178 files. I went online and hit the deleted files and there they all were. I then recovered all the files and they all showed up in the online folder and within a short time they showed on my computer.

In trying to determine the problem I uploaded my own folder with 590 files and the same thing happened. I recovered all files and then they stuck and made it to my computer.

I have several other people that will upload their files in the next few days and wish to not have this problem. Maybe a reboot would solve the issue but it seems to be on the Dropbox server as they were all being deleted on the server after briefly showing on my computer and poof, gone.

Anyone willing to take a stab at this anomaly?

17 Replies 17

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @PtboPete - we can only reach out to the email address that's associated with your Community profile, so I'd suggest changing it to another email address of yours, preferably a stand-alone one and not an alias. 

Let us know if that works for you. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

PtboPete
Explorer | Level 3

My Dropbox email does work as shown in the screen capture.

ijHCmqdM.jpg

But apparently not when being sent from your Dropbox server.

LnzVWeSg.jpg

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Do you see the same behavior, if you change your email address to a different, standalone one, like Walter suggested, @PtboPete?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

PtboPete
Explorer | Level 3

Nope, changed it to a static email but files still are deleting after a couple seconds.

The ticket that was put in only seemed to concentrate on the email issue and not the deleting part. It was closed with no input from me. 😞

PtboPete
Explorer | Level 3

A bonus to the email change is that I am now receiving emails telling me of the uploads. Unfortunately, they are still being deleted.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @PtboPete, what does the events page say specifically for the deletion of one of the files that was uploaded?

A screenshot showing this would be helpful.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

PtboPete
Explorer | Level 3

-Made a new request called "deletetest"

JA-eJY1A.jpg

-Dragged and dropped a folder called C-21 S3 Peter [...] with 6 files

hqxCKDks.png

- Events say I deleted the file but I did not

hO2_KobY.png

- details from the deleted file entry

VOx5vwQI.png

Not sure how this helps....

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi again, @PtboPete! I’ve logged a new ticket for you. Can you check your email address and reply back to me, if you can see it in your inbox?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?