cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saved documents and edits I made on the desktop app disappeared

Saved documents and edits I made on the desktop app disappeared

JenLam58
New member | Level 2

Hi

Two days ago I created 8 new documents and saved them in a specific folder. I saw them there, as I even counted them at the end of my work session to track my progress. I was working in the desktop version of Dropbox. Now they are not there! They are also not in deleted files for me to restore, so I'm lost! What could have happened to them - please help!

In addition, some of the edits I made to existing documents are not there. There is absolutely no record of my 4-hour work session - version history shows last working date as two weeks ago. 

Obviously I'm distraught and need some answers and advice. 

Thank you, JL

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JenLam58, sorry to see that you're having this issue.

When you made those edits to your files, did you make sure that they were actually synced to your account, before the computer was turned off?

The files might have been there, but the changes would have needed to finish syncing to your account, for you to be able to access them.

If you cannot find those edits in the version history, I'm afraid there's no way for us to restore them.

What do you see in your events page here?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?