cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Files deleted from Lightroom don't to the Bin. They go to a file named "CloudStorge/Dropbo

Files deleted from Lightroom don't to the Bin. They go to a file named "CloudStorge/Dropbox/.Trash"

Xavier Montaner
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

I have been using Dropbox and Lightroom together for years.  In recent weeks and when I delete files from Lightroom they don't go to the Bin. They go to a file named "CloudStorage/Dropbox/.Trash".  This is somehow a hidden folder that I have managed to find via CleanMy Mac software. However,  when I delete files from Viewer they do go to the Bin.  The main problem is that these files still take space in my Hard Drive...

I believe that the issue came up since the last updated version of Dropbox for macOS.  

I am using a Macbook Pro with a M1 Processor and I always have had the latest software installed.  The same applies to Lightroom.

Could you please assist?  Thank you 

25 Replies 25

johncocci
Explorer | Level 4

Having a few issues with the new version of Dropbox for Mac. One is deleting files from within Lightroom does not put the files in the trash anymore but now outs them in a hidden folder that you cannot access. This is being discussed in another topic.

Second, which I just discovered is importing into Lightroom it seems you can no longer access drop from the import window in Lightroom. I hope I am missing something obvious. Lightroom is now located in a hidden folder which cannot be accessed in Lightroom. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @johncocci, sorry to hear about this.

Could you let us know the version and status of the desktop app installed on your computer and send us a screenshot of how this looks on your end so that we can have a visual too?

Any additional information is more than welcome!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

johncocci
Explorer | Level 4

Version 174.4.5852

All files are unto date

MacOS version 13.3.1 (a)

When Dropbox moved the location of the dropbox folder it left a shortcut where I used to have it and I can see that but it's not importing properly into Lightroom still which is not a Dropbox issue. The deleting issue still needs to be resolved though. See thread https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Delete-edit-and-organize/Files-deleted-from-Lightroom-don-t-to-the-B...

Xavier Montaner
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks John.  My files are also stored at Users/xavier/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox with no option to move it somewhere else.  I run the latest version of Dropbox and Ventura too and I experience the same problem as you do.  So hopefully someone will read these messages and try to find a solution. 

johncocci
Explorer | Level 4

Have you gotten any further with this? I have had some emails exchanges with someone at Dropbox but have not gotten anywhere with it as to what is happening or a solution. 

Goffaux
Explorer | Level 3

Same problem here:

Correct:

Lightroom puts the deleted photos in the system trash:
MacBook Pro 2015 macOS Monterey 12.7
Dropbox version: v184.4.6543

Wrong:

Lightroom puts the deleted photos in the Dropbox .trash:
MacBook Pro 2021 macOS Sonoma 14.0
Dropbox version: v184.4.6543

Is there really no solution for this?