cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files

Deleting files

ArthurAA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I had a paid dropbox account I no longer required so I closed it. There was about 13gb I no longer require in it.

Dropbox closed the account properly and left me with one of the free accounts.

However I can not use this account as it shows 13gb in a 2 gb account. I gets regular emails asking me to upgrade to a bigger account I do not need.

None of the 13 gb files are visible so I can not delete them.

I suppose I could just forget about this account and start a new one but dropbox them gets stuck with an account that will never be used or deleted.

I am not sure what to do.

if you can tell me how to go about deleting files I can not see I will clean up things.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@ArthurAA wrote:

Hi @ArthurAA,

The easiest way, if you don't plan to use Dropbox account anymore, just forget it. After one year of inactivity the account will be deleted automatically.

If you want to use your 2GB, just remove your current account content from here. 😉

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20
Go to solution

@ArthurAA wrote:

Hi @ArthurAA,

The easiest way, if you don't plan to use Dropbox account anymore, just forget it. After one year of inactivity the account will be deleted automatically.

If you want to use your 2GB, just remove your current account content from here. 😉

Hope this helps.

ArthurAA
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you. I will just forget about the account.

Arthur AA

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

ArthurAA New member | Level 2
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?