cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting an account no longer have access

Deleting an account no longer have access

Plaughlin
New member | Level 2
I need to delete an account I no longer have access too. The account is on an old college email address that is no longer active. We have just been charged a large amount for the account and need the account cancelled, deleted, and refunded. I am unsure how to resolve this issue or who to contact.
3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@Plaughlin wrote:
I need to delete an account I no longer have access too. The account is on an old college email address that is no longer active. We have just been charged a large amount for the account and need the account cancelled, deleted, and refunded. I am unsure how to resolve this issue or who to contact.

You'll need to contact Dropbox Support directly. They likely won't provide access to the account if you don't have access to the email, and you may not be able to get a refund (subscription fees are generally non-refundable), but they will help cancel any charges going forward.

To contact Support, visit the Support page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, and you'll see an option for Billing issues. It's best to use an Incognito or Private browsing session to make sure you're not signed in.

Plaughlin
New member | Level 2
When filling out that form there is only the option to provide the email I don’t have access to, how will they know which email to contact me?

I need to talk to Dropbox support directly and have no idea how, so frustrating

Mark
Super User II

@Plaughlin wrote:
When filling out that form there is only the option to provide the email I don’t have access to, how will they know which email to contact me?

I need to talk to Dropbox support directly and have no idea how, so frustrating

In the text field for issues you need to include all the info including the email that is impacted. 

Support web form is the only way to contact support. There is no inbound email or telephone support. 

Note that also refunds are only issued where legally required https://help.dropbox.com/plans/refund

This may also help you get support via a card lookup: https://help.dropbox.com/billing/find-credit-card-charge

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Plaughlin New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?