cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Deleted photos reappearing on Dropbox

Deleted photos reappearing on Dropbox

viperpenn
Explorer | Level 3

I work with a client using her Dropbox account. I upload a job and send her the link to the folder. I import the files into Lightroom and edit them. While this editing takes place, over the course of several days. She is logged in and deletes some of the files, this is her method of culling while I am editing. I can see the missing files showing up in Lightroom as missing, and "x" them out for deletion, and will periodically remove them from the catalog. After I export the finished job, she says there are files in the final folder that she had deleted. I have read that there can be circumstances that lead to deleted files returning without notice when there are applications accessing the files at the same time. 

So my question is - has anyone come up with a better workflow that can address this problem? 

This is not the only scenario that we have experienced this issue, it has also happened when Lightroom is not involved. 

Thank you in advance for your input!

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@viperpenn wrote:

I work with a client using her Dropbox account.

You're using her account? As in you have her credentials and can access her account directly? If so, you should know that doing so is against the terms and could result in the account being deleted along with all content. Dropbox accounts are not intended to be shared. You should use your own account and have her share a folder with you.

viperpenn
Explorer | Level 3
As I am the owner of my own account onaroll viperpenn has been asked by me to “teach” me how to use Dropbox. I would assume that learning the process and being taught how to navigate DB and increase my workflow is more important than the fact that I allowed him to access my account, especially when I am sitting right beside him going over the problems together. Your response didn’t address the issues “we” are having. Please explain how this problem can be resolved when we are editing and uploading together using my account at the same time, side by side.
Lucy

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @viperpenn, if I were you, I would choose an example file that this has happened to, and I would check the version history of that file.

This will show you the name of the device the file was "added back" from.

Is it the device you're using to edit the files?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?