cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted file not restoring

Deleted file not restoring

Mingalsbe
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Help!  I deleted a file accidentally--- within 30 secs I went to the deleted files section and restored it.  It tells me the file was successfully restored it but it is not showing up anywhere.  Then a  few mins later it shows back up in the deleted folder again.  I have restored this file at least 12 times-- I keep getting confirmation that it has been restored but it is no where to be found.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Please I'm desperate to get this back!  Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mingalsbe
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan

im not sure what happened but the file showed back up in my folder.  🤷🏻‍:female_sign:. Thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, @Mingalsbe, thanks for posting here!

It might sound trivial, but have you tried using a different browser altogether -or an incognito tab on your current browser-, in order to restore your content? If not, can you give it a go, and let me know if you get the same results then?

If I were you, I'd also try the events page. The Events page at www.dropbox.com/events gives you an overview of all activity in your account including files events (adds/edits/deletes).

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mingalsbe
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan-

I have used different browser (Safari, Google Chrome, Brave/Duck Duck go) and am having the same result.  I have checked the events page an the latest event is the file being deleted.  It does not show any of my restoration attempts.

Mingalsbe
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Megan

im not sure what happened but the file showed back up in my folder.  🤷🏻‍:female_sign:. Thank you for your response.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mingalsbe Helpful | Level 5
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?