cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I invite back a team member I deleted?

How can I invite back a team member I deleted?

nmartin98
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Community, I am the admin and I accidentally deleted a staff members account, as an example, lets say I deleted "steven@company.com". We have a company dropbox. I would like to add Steven back with his company email: "steven@company.com". If this account was deleted does that mean I can never invite a team member this this email again and that I longer have access to that email? It does not appear to be letting me re-add "steven@compay.com". Please advise!!

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@nmartin98 wrote:

If this account was deleted does that mean I can never invite a team member this this email again and that I longer have access to that email?

No, but I believe it prevents any new accounts with that email address for seven days, which is the period during which you can still restore a deleted member's account. I would try that path first, before starting with a new account for that user.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?