cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese characters in my deletion confirmation pop-up on Windows

Chinese characters in my deletion confirmation pop-up on Windows

moyay
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, 

Something new happen recently when I was deleting some files. When I delete something from my Dropbox, I get a notice that they're moving the files to the Recycle Bin and then another prompt that asks me if I want to remove those files from all the devices connected to the dropbox. The new thing that happen is the last prompt now contains what appears to be Chinese characters. (Picture attached) I've reinstalled the Dropbox on both devices connected and that hasn't fixed the issue. Does anybody know what this is or how do I fix this? I haven't seen it when using any other program. The characters doesn't appear on the "moving files to the recycle bin" prompt but only on the prompt that comes after which is asking if I want to remove the files from the other connected devices. Also the Chinese characters aren't always in the same location. Sometimes they're beside the Dropbox at the top of the prompt and sometimes they on the "Delete Everywhere" button. 

Screenshot 2024-01-02 20.00.51.png

35 Replies 35

Edward Alan
Helpful | Level 5

It's still there, on Jan 29, 2024

GrandpaW
Explorer | Level 4

Asian Dropbox Message.JPG

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Hi there @Edward Alan and @GrandpaW,

We've released an expected fix in our Beta Build 192.3.4492.

PS: auto-updates for this are available to everyone who chose "Include me on early releases" on the Settings page.

Let us know if you have rolled out this version and still see these characters

Thanks,

Sam 

martab
Helpful | Level 6

I've installed the beta build 192.3.4492 two days ago, and I confirm my Dropbox is working properly again, with no random characters, anywhere.

Thanks for moving this up, and for the fix 👍 Cheers.

Edward Alan
Helpful | Level 5

I installed the Dropbox 192.3.4492 Offline Installer.x64, and it fixed the issue.

Sam DBX
Community Manager

Great news 😃

Thanks for the feedback. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sam DBX Community Manager
    Edward Alan Helpful | Level 5
    martab Helpful | Level 6
    GrandpaW Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?