cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Changes not saving

Changes to Microsoft files aren't saved

BrianSFG
New member | Level 2

Hello. I have Excel and Word files saved in Dropbox, just basic files, and edits I make to the files are not saving when I open the file later. Any ideas or assistance? Thanks!!!

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi @BrianSFG! Hope you’re doing well. 

Can you clarify a few things first? For example, which platform are you using to edit those files? Are you editing them via the Dropbox website, the desktop app, or mobile app? 

Is the issue that you’re editing the files via the desktop app, and the updates don’t show on the website? 

Let me know, and we'll take it from there.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BrianSFG
New member | Level 2

Thanks Nancy. I'm not sure of the differences - using Windows (not Mac), I click the file folder icon, and pick the dropbox icon from the list of choices, like Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc., then open my file from there. If there's a better way I'm definitely open to it.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for following up, Brian! Can you also send me a full screenshot of the options you mention, so that I can have a visual and guide you from there?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

BrianSFG
New member | Level 2

Happy to - but do you have an email or some other sources so I'm not showing all my files on the community website?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @BrianSFG - sorry to jump in here, but I just wanted to mention that we don't need any personal information shown in your screenshot, just the options you get so feel free to remove any information you don't like to be shown publicly. 

While we're at it, can you please clarify if you're running the Dropbox desktop app as well on your computer? If so,  what is its exact status and version as shown in your system tray?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?