cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot delete folder that was transferred to me when another user left the "Advanced"

Cannot delete folder that was transferred to me when another user left the "Advanced" account.

jennybo
New member | Level 2

Our plan is Dropbox Advanced (for a team of 12). When a team member left, their shared files were transferred to me to organize. Everything has been since deleted or copied elsewhere from these files, and yet there is one empty folder that will not delete. When I look at the permissions on the folder, I am the owner and it is shared with no one else. But when I try to delete the folder, I just leave the "Shared" folder rather than it being deleted.

Is there a way to remove this empty folder from our files? 

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jennybo, let's see what we can find together about this! 

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, did you follow these steps in order to unshared the folder before deleting it? 

After unsharing it, you should be able to delete it. Want to give it a go? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jennybo
New member | Level 2

Hi @Megan There isn't an 'Unshare' option as outlined in these steps (and there is no link for editing / link for viewing, as these were deleted). Under 'Who can access' it reads 'Only you'. (Screenshots ) I know I must be missing something, but I have yet to find a set of instructions that resolves this. Thanks.

Edit: there are thousands of deleted files within the shared folder. I have been going through them trying to find a shared folder, to restore, unshare and delete based on the instructions. Will mark your reply as the solution if this resolves it. 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jennybo, sure thing! 

Take your time, and let me know how things turn out. 

If you still have trouble with this, just make sure to reply back with the screenshots that you mentioned in your previous response. Due to security and privacy reasons, we can't access your link, so if you could attach them here that'd be great.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?