cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being asked to contact the owner to delete files permanently.

Being asked to contact the owner to delete files permanently.

GWL office
New member | Level 2

Hi

I am cleaning up my dropbox and was removing files no longer needed.  A popup appeared and told me that I needed t ask the owner to delete.  These files are from 2021 and I have no idea who at OPG sent these documents for a tender.  How do I get rid of them?  Can someone on your side break the connections?

Office

GWLoffice_0-1718211328643.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

GWL office
New member | Level 2

Thank you Mark!  yes it backed up a usb without my asking it to.  Deleted now so that should fix it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II

If they are deleted you can just ignore them as they dont use quota. However, to permanently delete them the only way to do that is as it says, via the owner who uploaded initially. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

GWL office
New member | Level 2

Not sure it doesn't count against quota as there is nothing left but these files and they are saying I have used up my quota.

Mark
Super User II

Deleted files do not use your quota. 

So, if you are out of space something else is using it. 

Your quota consists of everything you see at www.dropbox.com/home and www.dropbox.com/backups 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

GWL office
New member | Level 2

Thank you Mark!  yes it backed up a usb without my asking it to.  Deleted now so that should fix it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

GWL office New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?