cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic account has been deleted. How can I get my content back?

Basic account has been deleted. How can I get my content back?

KJP_
New member | Level 2

Good day, I had a Basic account for 14 yrs and had to make a connection with Teams Dropbox for my job. After a while I deleted Teams but also the Basic was deleted. When I tried to login there was a text to return back after 30 days with my old emailadress to get back my files. I tried it with the Dropbox support but they couldnt help me.
How can I get my old files back?
Thank you

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@KJP_ wrote:
I had a Basic account for 14 yrs and had to make a connection with Teams Dropbox for my job. After a while I deleted Teams but also the Basic was deleted.

When you joined the Business teams account you merged your account into the team account, effectively making the team the owner of your account. In order to leave the team, the team admin needed to convert your account back to an individual account. If the team still exists and it's been less than seven days, the team admin can restore your account, after which it needs to be converted.

If the team no longer exists or it's been more than seven days, you likely won't be able to get the account back. Only Support would be able to tell you if that's the case. However, even if that's not the case, Support can't restore the account. Only the team admin can.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?