cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: All files missing from account.

All files are missing from my account.

bersona3
Explorer | Level 3

Hi! I'm running into trouble with my account. I just signed in to access my older files (I have had a Dropbox account for around 10 years now, though I have never been on anything above the free plan) after not having signed in for a good while, and everything is gone. No files, no folders, nothing in deleted files, nothing on the Events page saying what might have happened. Just gone.

There was nothing prompting me to make a new account or anything, it asked for my password when I signed in and if I check the account itself it still has messages from years back so the account has not been deactivated.

This is pretty disheartening for obvious reasons. Is there anything at all I can do?

Screenshots below. There are messages about being over storage limit, but would that really mean all my files would have been deleted?

bersona3_0-1723884913986.png

bersona3_1-1723885030419.png

11 Replies 11

bersona3
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I would love if you could reach out via the email for further investigation, thanks so much.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing @bersona3 - you've got :envelope: 

Whenever you get the chance, please take a look at your inbox and we'll take it from there. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?