cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Delete, edit, and organize

Solve issues with deleting, editing, and organizing files and folders in your Dropbox account with support from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Account deleted

Account deleted. Can I restore any of the files stored there?

_Miri
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I deleted my Business account. Now I'm in need of some files. Can I recover them somehow?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kylie93 wrote:
My university had a Dropbox business account and I was a user. It was deleted today. Is there anyway to recover the files in this dropbox account and transfer it to my personal dropbox?

You need to contact the team admin for the Business account and ask them to restore the account. Act quickly as they only have seven days to do it before the account can no longer be recovered. Only the team admin will be able to do this for you; Dropbox can't do it.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@_Miri wrote:

I deleted my Business account. Now I'm in need of some files. Can I recover them somehow?

Once an account has been deleted, it's not possible to recover the account or the files it contained.

Kylie93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
My university had a Dropbox business account and I was a user. It was deleted today. Is there anyway to recover the files in this dropbox account and transfer it to my personal dropbox?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Kylie93 wrote:

You need to contact the team admin for the Business account and ask them to restore the account. Act quickly as they only have seven days to do it before the account can no longer be recovered. Only the team admin will be able to do this for you; Dropbox can't do it.

Kylie93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you. I have already attempted contact but they are unresponsive. I worry that they have already deleted the entire business account. Is there anything else I should do?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Kylie93, how are you today?

Have you opened a ticket with our Support team? If so, could you send it over to me, so I can locate it on our system?

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kylie93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thank you for replying Megan. I only see options to talk to the chat bot and post in this forum. Is there another way I can get support?

Kylie93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi Megan

Please ignore my previous message. The ticket number is: Ticket #20003556

Thanks for your advice and please let me know if there's anything else I can do

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Kylie93, have you received a reply from a support agent regarding this matter?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Kylie93
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks Jay. Yes I have. The resolution was to contact the admin of the account and try to get the folder re-shared.
Need more support?