cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Couldn't Save Content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page." Safari iOS

"Couldn't Save Content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page." Safari iOS

souslesoleil
Explorer | Level 3

I download a lot of PDFs. I use iOS Safari. Half the time, I have no issue saving to Dropbox, but the other half of the time, I get the following error: "Couldn't Save Content Please check your internet connection and refresh the page." My workaround has been to use Save to Files where I have Dropbox linked, but this is, frankly, annoying because Files has its own issues (ie, it will often abandon a Dropbox folder randomly and bring me back to the default Files>Download folder, and it lists dropbox folders in alphabetical order among the files and god forbid I use the search box for fear of the first issue happening), and it's more time-consuming. I also tested Chrome just now, and it saves the same files to Dropbox without issue, but I shouldn't have to use Chrome to use Save to Dropbox reliably. I like Chrome on my PC, but I like using the native web browser on my phone.

I've been having this issue for MANY YEARS—with at least two different model iPhones (7 plus and now 15 pro). It does not matter what network I’m on. It's been a consistent ongoing issue. I would consider upgrading my Dropbox plan except for this problem.

Also note: I pulled up the same file (in Safari) that wouldn't upload earlier, and, just now, "Save to Dropbox" seemed like it would work ONCE but gave me the error on several subsequent attempts.

Something I've noticed but not sure what it means: a lot of the PDFs I download are patterns, and a large portion of those are from Ravelry. Although this issue is definitely NOT limited to Ravelry, I have noticed that patterns from there tend to be stored either with an address starting with "pdf-inline.ravelrycache.com" or "s3.amazonaws.com", and trying to Save to Dropbox the PDFs stored at the latter location ALWAYS produces the error; whereas, files coming from the ravelrycache location Save-to-Dropbox without issue every single time.

7 Replies 7

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know about this, @souslesoleil.

Have you tried clearing Safari's cache on the mobile browser, to see if that makes any difference?

Let me know what you find. 

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

souslesoleil
Explorer | Level 3
I cleared my cache. No change.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @souslesoleil, as the issue isn't present on Chrome, this would mean that there's something in Safari preventing the download from working correctly.

Could you try using private browsing mode and run it without any extensions to see if this helps?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

souslesoleil
Explorer | Level 3
Private mode changed nothing. As for extensions, I’m not sure what that would even be on an iPhone. I turned off the only thing I could think of, which is an ad blocker; no change.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Have you tried resetting the browser entirely?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

souslesoleil
Explorer | Level 3
I’m sorry to get spicy, but this has been going on for at least 8 years, and I got a brand new iPhone 15 Pro in October 2023.

souslesoleil
Explorer | Level 3
I'm confident this is not an issue I can resolve on my end.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

souslesoleil Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?