cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: live photo upload from ios, download speed, slideshow desktop option

live photo upload from ios, download speed, slideshow desktop option

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

Dear Dropbox,

I've emailed some ideas, beginning with my most important feature idea to my least. 

Hello, I feel it an important feature to begin supporting "live" photo uploads from phone. I understand that once I upload a photo from my iphone to Dropbox, the "live" photo does not save as "live", but instead as a still shot. With the rise of Reels, TikToks and social media videography expansion, customers will go with the one that they can retain the "live" aspect to. 

Another area to improve is the speed at which it takes to view an album on Dropbox. It definitely takes a long time to upload photos to Dropbox, which I can handle if I do right before bed. But when I want to view a photo it is usually a spontaneous spur of moment situation and if I'm not able to view it and have to wait or trouble shoot, I am obviously going to be let down. Its the bare minimum for the service I paid for, to be able to view the photo or video in a timely manner.

Lastly, a feature that I would love would be to have a "slideshow" "shuffle" option. Something that I could play on my desktop computer or television that I could have just up shuffling through my over 20 years worth of photos that I have on Dropbox. If I had this running in the background throughout my day it would be a fun way to view the thousands of photos that I will probably never realistically take the time to shuffle through on my own.

On that note, a "memories" notification like how Apple does with photos that were taken "on this day" several years ago that pop up on a device would be a fun feature for Dropbox to include. 

Thanks for listening,

Ashley

17 Replies 17

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

I took another screenshot of another album that doesnt show up in file list unless I search it. And the search bar above doesnt really give me any insight. I'm wondering if there is a type of glitch since several albums I have this problem with.dropbox.PNG

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @wazzuchick, sorry to jump in!

If you take a look right above the blue 'upload' button, you'll see the entire path of this folder.

So it looks like it's a subfolder within a subfolder, within a subfolder, so that's why it's not appearing in the options on the left.

I hope this helps!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Hannah! I appreciate your reply! Why, though, doesn't "Childhood videos" show up under "all files" list on the left hand side of the screenshot I sent? It's an alphabetized list, but not there. I was trying to find it that way and thought I lost the folder but when I search "childhood videos" I find the folder. But I'm not sure just where it is actually located. The title "Home videos" is not in the alphabetized list either. This happens for many of my folders lately. Thanks!

Ashley

dropbox.PNG

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey Ashley! I hope you’re doing well. 

Is there any chance at all you may be having more than 250 top-tier folders here?

From what I could find, there’s a limit at the moment to how many folders can be shown in the sidebar, so I’d like to make sure this isn’t the case.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5
That’s interesting because when I clicked that link in your message I saw more folders listed in the alphabetical list than when I look at it from a desktop. I may have over 250 folders. They are accessible so long as I remember what I titled them

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you clarify what you mean when you 'look at it from a desktop'? 

Are you not already on your desktop machine when using this browser to view your files? 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

I checked the email from Nancy on my phone and she said click "here" and my alphabetized list showed files that are not on the alphabetized list on my desktop

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It should have opened the Dropbox site, which would be the same page you were on previously. If it's showing more files now, this could mean that it refreshed the page.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?