cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: live photo upload from ios, download speed, slideshow desktop option

live photo upload from ios, download speed, slideshow desktop option

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

Dear Dropbox,

I've emailed some ideas, beginning with my most important feature idea to my least. 

Hello, I feel it an important feature to begin supporting "live" photo uploads from phone. I understand that once I upload a photo from my iphone to Dropbox, the "live" photo does not save as "live", but instead as a still shot. With the rise of Reels, TikToks and social media videography expansion, customers will go with the one that they can retain the "live" aspect to. 

Another area to improve is the speed at which it takes to view an album on Dropbox. It definitely takes a long time to upload photos to Dropbox, which I can handle if I do right before bed. But when I want to view a photo it is usually a spontaneous spur of moment situation and if I'm not able to view it and have to wait or trouble shoot, I am obviously going to be let down. Its the bare minimum for the service I paid for, to be able to view the photo or video in a timely manner.

Lastly, a feature that I would love would be to have a "slideshow" "shuffle" option. Something that I could play on my desktop computer or television that I could have just up shuffling through my over 20 years worth of photos that I have on Dropbox. If I had this running in the background throughout my day it would be a fun way to view the thousands of photos that I will probably never realistically take the time to shuffle through on my own.

On that note, a "memories" notification like how Apple does with photos that were taken "on this day" several years ago that pop up on a device would be a fun feature for Dropbox to include. 

Thanks for listening,

Ashley

17 Replies 17

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @wazzuchick, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Your feedback has been logged in our system - please let us know if you have anything else to add.

When it comes to live photos, you can have a look at this idea and upvote it to show your interest as well.

As for the issue with scrolling your albums (folders with photos) and viewing your photos, could you provide some additional information? For example, are you using the mobile app, the website or the Dropbox folder on your computer to do this?

As for your slideshow/shuffle suggestion, there might be a 3rd party app or integration that could help by accessing your files in your local Dropbox folder on your computer. 

The last idea sounds good, so feel free to post it separately in the ideas section so that other users can find and upvote it too. 

Keep us posted! 

PS: For some tips on how to post an idea, you can have a look here

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you Walter, I did all as you suggested on the votes and ideas. As for your question, the slow viewing speed is noticeable on my mobile app. desktop app is quicker and Im not sure what you mean about dropbox album on my computer?

Ashley

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @wazzuchick, on your mobile device, are you connected to a stable WiFi connection, or using cellular data?

Regarding the Dropbox album, my colleague was asking if you experience the same issue scrolling through your images when viewing the files on your machine, if you have the Dropbox desktop application installed, or the website.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

The download speed is much faster on the Desktop than Iphone.

Separate question: sometimes I am looking for an album but its not in the list of alphabetized albums when I'm scrolling. So then I search for the album in the search bar and I'm able to find it. But why wasn't it showing up in the alphabetized list on the left of my screen?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

It's likely that the connection to the desktop is better than that on the phone itself.

Regarding the albums, are you referring to the folder names? Could you attach a screenshot showing what you're describing?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

Hi yes, see on the left where it has all my folders listed. I search "cali vibes" and the folder is there in the search, but its not listed in the alphabetical list on the left. Im trying to see if it is somehow a folder saved inside a folder but I cannot identify where it even is. This has happened several times for various folders I create on my phone and cant find them in the list later unless I search dropbox.PNG

Walter
Dropbox Staff

It seems that this folder might be nested in another folder @wazzuchick 

Could you navigate the folder itself from your search and check its whole file-path from there? In that way, you should be able to tell its exact location as well.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

wazzuchick
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you Walter. That is another question as I have tried to determine how to find the exact location when I search the album. How do I navigate the folder itself from search and check its whole file-path from there?

Thanks!

Ashley

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You could try clicking on the search result and once you're inside the folder, the file path should be shown on the top of your screen under the search bar.

Let me know if you need any further assistance, Ashley. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?