cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because you tried to share a file that may contain malware

We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because you tried to share a file that may contain malware

azurebackup
Explorer | Level 3

I have the Dropbox Advance account and I got this notice from Dropbox yesterday: 

Can’t share file

We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because you tried to share a file that may contain malware. Check your email for instructions on how to resolve this.

I never got any email to get this resolved. I have been trying to talk to someone since yesterday to resolve it, but nobody has helped. They sent me an email with the conversation I had with somebody in the chat, but nothing related to how to reinstate sharing. 

Has anybody had this same problem? 

I never received a email i have raised ticket but till now no update, Ticket #23951151

1 Reply 1

maher1982
Super User

Sorry to hear that.

First, I think you should ensure the files you're trying to share are not infected with malware. You can do this by scanning the file with a reputable antivirus program.

Also I'd suggest starting with this Help Center article

Additionally, keep following up with Dropbox support to remove the ban & solve the problem.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

maher1982 Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?