cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We can't share any files due to supposed phishing content

We can't share any files due to supposed phishing content

JoRoRo
Explorer | Level 3

All day and without exception when I try to share any file or folder associated with my Business Dropbox account I get the following error "Can’t share file. We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because your files might contain phishing content."

No idea what this is about and can't seem to find a fix, or even reply to existing threads on this issue. 

Problem does not happen on my personal Dropbox account but is across the board on business account (iOS app, Windows 10 PC, dropbox.com, etc). Obviously not involved in any Phishing activity and multiple virus/etc scanners are showing all is clean on my end.

9 Replies 9

JoRoRo
Explorer | Level 3

Note - can't even share newly and completely empty folders without getting this error. 

Rich
Super User II

@JoRoRo wrote:

We’ve interrupted your sharing activity because your files might contain phishing content. ... can't even share newly and completely empty folders without getting this error.

You ability to share has been blocked by Dropbox. You won't be able to share any files in your account until the issue is resolved. You need to contact Support.

Shawna PLG
New member | Level 2

Our office is having the same error message for file sharing. We have the basic subscription and therefore no access to Support beyond the chatbot, community and learn files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shawna PLG
New member | Level 2

Having the same issue. I would greatly appreciate anything you find out to remedy this issue. 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@JoRoRo, I see you’ve already logged a ticket with our support, so our team will reply to you as soon as possible and check this further.

@Shawna PLG, can I log a ticket for you as well and look into this internally?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JoRoRo
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, it is very clear the ability to share has been blocked and I have already tried contacting 'support' on multiple occasions. But the problem is very much not resolved which is why I am asking on a community forum as our ability to actually use our very expensive "Dropbox for Business" has ground to a standstill, especially without any direct way to reach someone at Dropbox who can reinstate sharing ASAP rather than waiting for some ticket sent in the ether to be addressed. No idea why it was 'blocked' but it is unacceptable that we pay thousands of dollars each year to Dropbox only to have functionality randomly blocked without cause, explanation or fix. 

Mark
Super User II

@JoRoRo - Your Team admin can get live chat support at www.dropbox.com/support

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

JoRoRo
Explorer | Level 3

What is going on here? Been nearly 48 hours and still no fix from Dropbox. The file that caused the account to be 'banned' file had zero issues with it, but went ahead and deleted it and here we are with still no fix.

Completely unacceptable that Dropbox just unilaterally freezes an account then takes a month of Sundays to correct their blatant error. What a horrible customer service experience. 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JoRoRo, sorry to see that you're having this issue.

I can see that our team is currently working on your case, so make sure to keep an eye on the email communication for any updates.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    JoRoRo Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?