cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading to Dropbox

Uploading to Dropbox

Ghostman1
New member | Level 2

Why after all these years are my friends limited by 2gb of space for uploading into my files?

What is the difference between personal Dropbox space and what friends can upload?

Has anyone else here upgraded to more space and what kind of options are available for that?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@Ghostman1 wrote:

Why after all these years are my friends limited by 2gb of space for uploading into my files?

Nothing has changed with regards to sharing and how much space one has access to. When a person has access to a shared folder, they are always limited to the amount of space available within their own account. It doesn't matter if they're adding files to a folder owned by someone with a larger account. The folder exists within their own account, so it takes up space within and is limited by their own account.

What is the difference between personal Dropbox space and what friends can upload?

If you're referring to a shared folder, they can only upload as much data as their own account can hold. Adding more data than their account can hold would put them over their quota and syncing would stop.

If you only need to receive files and the person uploading them to you won't need to access those files once they're uploaded, use a File Request instead.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?