cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Large Files

Trying to send a Transfer on a large file, isn't working.

MSteele11
New member | Level 2

I just upgraded my Dropbox account to "Professional" so I could send my 93GB file. When I try to drop it in a folder I get a message that the file is too large.

BUT, I upgraded to send files as large as 100GB.

I'd like to get this file sent today.

Anyone have a suggestion?

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

Does your plan say upgraded at www.dropbox.com/account/plan ?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MSteele11
New member | Level 2

Under the “Plan” menu it says “Dropbox Professional”  
It doesn’t say “upgraded” specifically.

Mark
Super User II

Ok, so it should work - where are you trying to create the Transfer from? Desktop or website?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MSteele11
New member | Level 2

Website.

Mark
Super User II

Oh heck 😞

I really have no idea then I'm afraid. I was hoping you'd said computer!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MSteele11, let's jump right into this! 

You mentioned that you try to drop the file in a folder. It sounds like you're to upload the file into your Dropbox account, instead of using a File Transfer. 

The website uploader has a limit of 50GB per file or folder upload, which would explain why you can't upload the file to your account, if you're dragging it into a folder.

However, you should be able to use these steps, in order to create a File Transfer with files up to 100GB.

Let me know more!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

vpx
New member | Level 2

Hi @Megan,

Why isn't there a warning in the browser then that the max file size is 50 GB while using a browser?

Ideally it shouldn't even be possible to select a file over 50 GB in the browser.

That would spare a lot of users a lot of time, nerves and bandwidth.

Edit: I actually retried an upload of a 90 GB file via the browser and it surprisingly worked. Maybe Chrome fixed the 50 GB filesize limit in a recent update.

Need more support?