cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still uploading... but also saying the files have uploaded

Still uploading... but also saying the files have uploaded

MikeB1971
Explorer | Level 4

Hi there,

Update: Dropbox has now decided that the second file is uploaded and the other one is still going. Which is ... OK, but it should really not make stuff up half-way through the process. I'll keep monitoring and report back once the big file is properly online.

OK, first problem with Dropbox encountered already, not good since I only started using it today.

I am uploading a large file and a smaller file (280 GB and 1.4 GB). Just an hour or so ago, all fine, the big file was at about 30 GB and the smaller file queued. Exactly as it should be.

Now, however, the popup box from the taskbar is saying both files are uploaded (upload complete). But it is also saying it is still uploading (syncing) 2 files, with about 19 hours to go (which would be about right).

Anyone had something similar happen?

It is very frustrating that no cloud provider can get large file uploads right. Dropbox is the third I have tried..!

Thx,

Ed

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @MikeB1971, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We appreciate the feedback on the Dropbox desktop application notifications.

Please keep us posted with the uploading of the second file, if you experience any similar issues.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MikeB1971
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Many thanks for replying so quickly, speed of support is also a key thing for us cloud customers!

All went well in the end, although I do see the notification box occasionally saying complete for the large file when it was still uploading. I added some more files to upload and these went through first, with the status of the large file switching from "complete" to "uploading" a couple of times.

It's more of a niggle than anything else, since the file did upload OK and networking has generally been rock-solid but maybe something to note if there could be a reason for it? The second smaller file (about 1.4 GB) did not show "complete" at any time.

I should also note that Dropbox is the best cloud service of anything I have tried so far 😉

Cheers,

Ed

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the comments. In general, when syncing files via the Dropbox desktop application, the smaller files are uploaded first, with the larger files done last, to ensure the most amount of files get uploaded quickly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

MikeB1971
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Yes, that definitely makes sense as this would be a monthly whole-disk image that can chug along for 2-3 days while the other files get processed first.

As said, all fine now, so I'll keep an eye on this the next time the image is done in a month.

Cheers,

Ed

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MikeB1971 Explorer | Level 4
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?