cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shared Folder Issues

Someone shared a folder with me, but apparently it merged my account into a Business one.

paytonb
New member | Level 2

I have a free drop bix account. Clients have shared their folders with me, and all of a sudden when one client  "E" added me to her drop box, all my dop box files (personal & business) PLUS shared folders from one of my clients are all under "E's" drop box, but I have my own folder under my name. Her subscription ends Friday and I need to make sure all my files stay with me and my clients files aren't disrupted. Any idea how I do this?

1 Reply 1

Rich
Super User II

@paytonb wrote:

... one client  "E" added me to her drop box, all my dop box files (personal & business) PLUS shared folders from one of my clients are all under "E's" drop box ...

It sounds like you were invited to and joined their Business account. When doing so, you merged your account into their team account, effectively making them the owner of your account.

In order to leave the team and keep your account, the team admin needs to convert your account back to an individual account. It's important that they don't just remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen, the team admin only has seven days to restore your account.

Only the team admin can do this for you. There's no way to leave the team yourself, and Dropbox can't do it for you.

Need more support?