cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share email not sending to single email on our domain.

Share email not sending to single email on our domain.

mprodywus
Explorer | Level 3

There is a user on our domain that does not receive drop box share emails (from no-reply@dropbox.com). This works fine for other users, but not for REMOVED

When I checked our mail security platform, there was nothing that was blocked. Further, the user can receive emails from other external emails just fine. If, for example, I send to REMOVED, which does not exist in our system, I see the blocked email in our mail security. It seems like [email removed as per Community Guidelines] is blocked on the dropbox side of things.

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mprodywus, welcome to our Community! 

When you mention "share emails" do you mean emails prompting the user to join a shared folder or something different? 

Are you using a personal email address, or a work/business domain? Have you also checked your spam folder for any Dropbox emails, and added no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts?

Let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

mprodywus
Explorer | Level 3

Hello Megan,

I mean the feature to share a document with a person by entering their email address as the target to share with. The user does not receive the email. There is no attempt in our logs. This is a work email system that I control. I am looking at the email logs where every attempted email is seen, including for email addresses that do not exist. There are no emails that are blocked or failed to this user, and if I add a 2 to their email address when sharing, I see the failed email to that nonexistent email address in the logs. There is already a rule to allow no-reply@dropbox.com.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mprodywus, I see, thanks for letting me know! 

If the person you're sharing your folder with, tries to access it and add it to their account from this page, are they successful in doing so? 

Do they get any notifications online, informing them about the folder?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

mprodywus
Explorer | Level 3

When they open up their account, they do not see the share, and it wants them to verify their email. When they try to do that, the email does not show up. I verified the email never hit our domain at all. When I check our email system, I can see any email that is blocked, marked as spam, or sent to nonexistent users, so any attempt by Dropbox to send this user an email would be seen. A

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mprodywus, could you have the users contact the support team directly by opening an incognito/private browsing window, while not signed into their account, and accessing this link.

Ask them to make sure to enter the same email they use to login to Dropbox. 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    mprodywus Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?