cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Setting Dropbox Transfer preference

Setting Dropbox Transfer preference

SteveDesmarais
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

I’m on a Mac using the v.206.4.6506 of Dropbox desktop app.

Recently when I’m uploading files using Dropbox Transfer, I set the expiration date, let’s say one year later, and turn off the download notification slider. The file upload and it’s done. Everything is fine BUT when I do another transfer I have to set the date and notification again. It’s pretty annoying since I do a many transfers every day. In the past weeks, the app remembered these settings but since a recent update it no more remember the settings. Is there a way to set a preference so I don’t have to set it each time? Otherwise is there a way to escalate this to Dropbox engineer team so they can find a solution for this?

ALSO, before this recent update, we were able to have multiple Transfer window opened and uploading at the same time on the desktop. Now it’s only one. Why this change? Is it possible to bring back the multiple transfer?

Thanks!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DesktopPM
Dropbox Staff

Hey @SteveDesmarais, I am a Product Manager on the team here at Dropbox! I wanted to let you know that after some investigation, we realized that recent changes we made to the desktop client seem to have modified the Transfer feature behavior. Based on what you've described there were two primary changes.

• As it relates to having your settings persist, this seems like a pretty easy fix and we're going to prioritize adding it back very soon. 
  • Supporting multiple windows being open at the same time will take a little longer, but I have added it to our roadmap. 

I want to thank you for reaching out on the forums. Your feedback is extremely valuable and allows us to continue to build a better product 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @SteveDesmarais, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Currently, there isn't a method to remember the previous transfer settings. 

Additionally, it wouldn't be possible to have multiple transfer windows open at the same time.

We appreciate the feedback on this matter and we take all comments into consideration when improving the Dropbox app and features.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

SteveDesmarais
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the quick answer. How it was possible to have settings remembered before and also was able to have multiple window but now it’s no more possible. Maybe someone didn’t verified this before plublishing the update… or voluntarily decided to remove these features. Sometimes small decisions have big impact on users daily routine of doing things in their job. So I understand that my « suggestions » have been put in the jar of ideas to improve the app, maybe sometimes… instead of a list of things to bring back as it was before an update of the app?

DesktopPM
Dropbox Staff

Hey @SteveDesmarais, I am a Product Manager on the team here at Dropbox! I wanted to let you know that after some investigation, we realized that recent changes we made to the desktop client seem to have modified the Transfer feature behavior. Based on what you've described there were two primary changes.

• As it relates to having your settings persist, this seems like a pretty easy fix and we're going to prioritize adding it back very soon. 
  • Supporting multiple windows being open at the same time will take a little longer, but I have added it to our roadmap. 

I want to thank you for reaching out on the forums. Your feedback is extremely valuable and allows us to continue to build a better product 🙂 

Need more support?