cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Set date for new photos only

Set date for new photos only in Camera Uploads

AttilaH
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, is there an option to set a new date starting that on my phone to be backed up? I wanna delete old photos from camera uploads, but dont want them to be syncronized once again. If i could re-set the starting that i could avoid that to be happened.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tosca1924
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had tried that, yes. But this morning I tried switching it to "All photos" and then switching back to "New Photos only" and that set the date back to today's date. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@AttilaH wrote:

I wanna delete old photos from camera uploads, but dont want them to be syncronized once again.

Camera Uploads won't upload a photo or video that it uploaded previously, even if you delete the files from Camera Uploads in your account.

The only way for it to re-upload previously uploaded files is to have Support reset your Camera Uploads.

Tosca1924
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have been backing up photos from my iphone through Dropbox for many years now, and last night, I upgraded the iPhone to iOS 18.  Today when I opened Dropbox on my iPhone, it started queueing hundreds of photos for backup even though I only had about a dozen new ones.  I looked in the My Account section, and where you can select "All Photos" or "New Photos Only" - under "New Photos Only", as a subscript, it read "Starting Sep 10, 2021".  So, it appears to be considering all of my photos taken in the last three years to be New Photos.  I do not appear to be able to change this date to avoid backing up 100G+ of photos and videos it has already backed up.  

You said in your prior answer "the only way for it to re-upload previously uploaded files is to have Support reset your Camera Uploads."  It appears to have somehow reset in the midst of the upgrade.  Do I need to have Dropbox support fix this for me, or can you think of another solution?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Tosca1924, have you tried disabling the camera uploads feature altogether and turning it on again? If you do this, do you see the correct date when uploading “New photos only”?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tosca1924
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
I had tried that, yes. But this morning I tried switching it to "All photos" and then switching back to "New Photos only" and that set the date back to today's date. Thank you!
Need more support?