cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Questions about file sharing and signatures between free and Business accounts

Questions about file sharing and signatures between free and Business accounts

Shawnene
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

The Dropbox account I have access to is a business account. The main account is owned by the owner of the business, but I have access to files to remove uploads and send our signatures on documents.

The issue I am having is on the owner's end of the account, he is paying for a plan and has unlimited signatures. 

On my side of the access, it says I have exceeded the limit of 3 signatures and need to upgrade to a plan to send out more signatures on the account.

Why do I have to do this if it is on his account? 

The owner also got the Hello Sign app and gave me the login information, but when I tried to log in with the login info and password, it said it was already taken, and if I signed in, it was my account.

Sadly I cant talk to anyone, because it is showing I have a basic "free" plan but he is paying for a plan !!

So how can I have access to send out documents  over 3 a month, for signatures for his account???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Shawnene wrote:

I have access to the same account because he can see what I upload and my changes.

That doesn't mean you have access to his account. It just means that he shared a folder with you and you have access just to that folder. You don't benefit from any other account features that he has, and anything you do while signed in to Dropbox is based on the plan that you have.

The only way to send signatures from his account and without hitting your 3 per month limit would be if you were to sign in to his account, which is against the Dropbox terms.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there, @Shawnene, thanks for posting to our Community!

When you're sending signature requests, are you logged in to the Business account or to your own account?

If you're signed in to your own account, and it's a free Basic one, you only have 3 signature requests a month.

It doesn't matter if they're the ones signing them, because you're the one sending them.

If the owner of the Business account was to send you a signature request for you to sign, they'd have more available requests, depending on their plan.

I hope this clarifies, but if you have any more questions, let me know!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Shawnene
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am not sure if it's business but it is a Paid plan on his account, he showed me that he has unlimited signatures, and I have used up the three signatures for this month. I have access to the same account because he can see what I upload and my changes. The only difference is it maybe in the settings and preferrences so I can't send out more docs to be signed because on my end is shows the plan has to be upgraded, when he does pay and have unlimited signatures.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Shawnene wrote:

I have access to the same account because he can see what I upload and my changes.

That doesn't mean you have access to his account. It just means that he shared a folder with you and you have access just to that folder. You don't benefit from any other account features that he has, and anything you do while signed in to Dropbox is based on the plan that you have.

The only way to send signatures from his account and without hitting your 3 per month limit would be if you were to sign in to his account, which is against the Dropbox terms.

Need more support?