cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Online files not syncing to offline.

Online files not syncing to offline.

nirtak
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have my account set so that ALL online files are synced.
There are still some files I can ONLY see online.
I am not the owner of those files but can access them online.
How do I ensure that ALL online files are properly mirrored offline?

p.s. I have sufficient storage now, but didn't before. I thought that upgrading would trigger a full sync. It didn't.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@nirtak wrote:

My offline version is missing two directories, and when I check the other directory contents, they are also missing some files and directories.

Check the names of the files and folders that aren't syncing. If any of them use characters that are incompatible on Windows, Dropbox wouldn't be able to sync them.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @nirtak, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you clarify if these files are shown on your normal files page, or on the shared files page?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

nirtak
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm using Windows 10.
It is a directory I do not own but I have edit access.
When I look at the contents of the directory on my desktop (..../Dropbox/dir-name), there are 10 sub-directories and 8 files (plus desktop.ini)

When I look at the contents in Dropbox from my browser, there are 12 sub-directories and 8 files.

My offline version is missing two directories, and when I check the other directory contents, they are also missing some files and directories.

When I look at the activity list online it is accurate, but when I look at the activity using the desktop application, it's missing a bunch.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling DropBox from my desktop AND I have asked the owner to remove my access and re-add it.
No difference.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@nirtak wrote:

Check the names of the files and folders that aren't syncing. If any of them use characters that are incompatible on Windows, Dropbox wouldn't be able to sync them.

nirtak
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

THANK YOU!!!!!
That fixed it!

Need more support?