cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onedrive and Dropbox Syncing Confusion

Onedrive and Dropbox Syncing Confusion

thermalscaninc
New member | Level 2

My problem is as follows:

A file in dropbox opened, edited, and saved on one computer back to dropbox is not showing changes when opened on another computer from dropbox. A file created and saved in dropbox is not showing when trying to locate from another computer. 

I have read many articles about the issue and am overwhelmed. My internet connection is secure, though I am operating from two different internet sources and two different computers. My app is up to date on both computers. 

I am not sure if this is related but I have read (and experienced) the "brown box icon" issue displayed over my document name - I thought this was dropbox syncing issues but have come to find it is a microsoft onedrive issue... I think. 

I do not understand why I am unable to see the updated/created file(s) saved to dropbox if created on two different computers, if that makes sense. My thinking is that if the saved location is dropbox (the source) then I should be able to view any updates/changes to a document once saved and closed from any computer source. 

Is this incorrect?  Is Microsoft OneDrive creating an issue? I never save anything to Onedrive, always to Dropbox when it comes to work related documents. 

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @thermalscaninc, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If there is a brown box icon, then there could be a conflict with OneDrive. 

Could you try quitting OneDrive entirely and let me know if you see the Dropbox sync icon for that file, and what it is exactly? Clicking the Dropbox icon in the system tray and telling me what message you see on the bottom left would also be great.

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?