cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not Receiving Confirmation Email after uploading file to a file request

Not Receiving Confirmation Email after uploading file to a file request

MoniqueShi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

For some dropbox file requests, I do not receive the confirmation email that says "Your files were uploaded to ______"
For instance, today I had to upload my file to the file request link and I inputted my name and email hoping to receive a confirmation email. I got the "finished uploading" message after but no confirmation email. I've checked spam as well and nothing. I upload files everyday to my agents and usually I get the confirmation email. This file was a link from casting and I want to make sure I submitted successfully before the due date.

15 Replies 15

Harris T Rajan
Explorer | Level 3

I received a link in my email to share my file. Upon clicking the link, I was directed to the Dropbox page where I was prompted to upload the file and provide my name and email address. After the file was successfully uploaded, the Dropbox page displayed a message stating that the upload was successful and that the recipient would be notified. However, I did not receive a confirmation email from Dropbox, and I'm unsure if the email address I entered was correct. Unfortunately, I'm unable to contact the person who requested the file as it was a part of a recruitment process handled by the company's HR department.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that! If you were just uploading a file to someone else’s file request and you saw a message that the upload was successful, then you should be all set. 

Did you check your email’s spam folder as well, and there’s no confirmation there? Is it possible you entered a different email address instead, if you have one?

Finally, if you're not sure if you made a typo, you can perhaps re-upload the file again to the same file request and make sure the correct email address is inserted this time.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Harris T Rajan
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, I checked my email's spam folder and haven't received a confirmation email yet. Regarding the email address, I used the same one associated with my Dropbox account, so there shouldn't have been any discrepancy there. However, I'm unable to re-upload the file as the link has expired. Is there an alternative way to ensure that the file was received successfully?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Not really, unfortunately. However, since you previously saw a message that the file had been successfully uploaded, I believe that everything’s alright. 

Besides checking your email’s spam folder, I’d also suggest adding no-reply@dropbox.com to your email contacts, in order to make sure the address is whitelisted. 

Other than that, you’d need to check in with the user who opened the file request.

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Harris T Rajan
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

No problem at all!

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?