cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop "Online Only" ?

how to stop "Online Only" ?

yellowdp
New member | Level 2

I received a prompt to update to the mac os version of dropbox with the new file system API. When he finished, I lost all the settings and plug-in files of vscode. I found that all files were set to online only. I tried to turn off this function. , but not found, I want to store all files locally, but I can't do it now.

I tried right-clicking and selecting offline access, but he couldn't download files, and many files still couldn't be downloaded. I need to click on the cloud icon for each file one by one, which is crazy.

I saw other solutions saying to turn off the Dropbox system extension, but I didn't find this option.

Is there any way for me to use the original version, I don't need to save space, I need to store all the dropbox files locally, I want to completely close what Online Only! !

Snipaste_2023-08-29_23-32-49.jpg

What does this green icon mean, why is there a cloud next to it, I have chosen to access all files and folders offline, all my files need to wait for a minute to open! This is so irritating!

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @yellowdp, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As you're on the newer version of the Dropbox desktop application for Mac OS, those sync icons can be explained from this link.

Currently, it isn't possible to completely disable the online-only option on this version of the app.

If you have any further queries, feel free to message back.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

yellowdp
New member | Level 2

https://help.dropbox.com/sync/macos-sync-icons

According to the explanation here, please see the picture I posted, why the green icon and cloud icon are displayed at the same time? And I see a green icon file, but my file still cannot be open in offline. Every time I open it, I need to wait for the download first. Why?

Why Available offline icon and Online-only icon are displayed on one file at the same time?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @yellowdp, can you let me know the version of the app that you're using on your end, along with its current syncing status

Have you tried restarting your device, or quitting the app, and then opening it again? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

brusznicki
New member | Level 2

hey Dropbox. What the actual flying f*ck is going on with this app? What the hell is online only? Why the flips have you ruined this product? Guess what - I do not want "online only" at all in any way or form. What the f*ck!? I stumbled upon this after mistakenly upgrading as well. Now I cannot access any of my code that I need to run on my flipping terminal. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

brusznicki New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
    yellowdp New member | Level 2
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?