cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with syncing large files across multiple devices

Issues with syncing large files across multiple devices

LeeJun18
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox Community,

This is my first post here, and I’m hoping to get some advice regarding an issue I’ve encountered when syncing large files across multiple devices. I frequently work with large video files (between 5-10 GB), and while Dropbox generally handles them well, I've noticed that sync times seem inconsistent across different devices.

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• Ensuring all devices are connected to stable, high-speed internet
  • Checking for available Dropbox updates
  • Restarting Dropbox on both desktop and mobile

Despite these efforts, the sync time still varies, especially between my desktop (Windows 11) and my mobile device (Android 13). Are there any specific settings or troubleshooting steps I might be overlooking? Could it be related to storage limitations, or does Dropbox handle large files differently across platforms?

I appreciate any guidance or tips that you could share. Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LeeJun18, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Sync times can vary depending on the internet connection, and other things could affect this connection, such as a proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains.

Could you clarify how you're syncing files from the desktop to the mobile device in more detail, to understand your workflow better?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?