cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed a file name on my computer and it's not showing up on my other devices

I changed a file name on my computer and it's not showing up on my other devices

JEM58
New member | Level 2

I am having sync issues. I was on my desktop and changed the name of a file. I went to my laptop and my other desktop a few days later and the new file name is not showing up. It is still the same old file name. It shows up as a new file name when I go to Dropbox online though. What can I do, besides restart my computer which is not solving the issue, to get the file to show up under the new name? Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @JEM58, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If the new file name appears on your account online, that means that the change has synced with your account, but not with your other two devices, so that's where the sync issue must lie.

Can you check the sync status and version of the Dropbox app on your laptop and your second desktop?

You can do so, by hovering over the Dropbox icon in the system tray/menu bar.

Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?