cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having an issue opening my mp4 files. Can you help me?

I am having an issue opening my mp4 files. Can you help me?

Debbie M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I shared a mp4 video from mac to dropbox but the file cannot be opened by a MS OS device. Realplayer is the default so it should work for any OS device. Is there something special I need to do when I upload the file to dropbox or before I share the link from dropbox? Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Debbie - thats an issue you need to speak to iMovie (Apple) and Real about. It isnt anything to do with Dropbox. 

That means they've not yet fully uploaded Riet. Apple creates 0byte files when you move data around and then fills them up. Dropbox often uploads the 0byte files before they finish uploading. Those 0byte files will change to full ones once the computer uploads them. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there,

Sorry for the late response - are you still having issues?

Thanks

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Debbie M.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes I am still having issues. I haven't been able to successfully open the iMovie using realplayer. Do you have any ideas? Thank you

Riet W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Having thesame issue: cannot play mp4 files on iPad and iPhone, they're saying files are 0 MB but MacBook says files are the real MB's???

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Debbie - thats an issue you need to speak to iMovie (Apple) and Real about. It isnt anything to do with Dropbox. 

That means they've not yet fully uploaded Riet. Apple creates 0byte files when you move data around and then fills them up. Dropbox often uploads the 0byte files before they finish uploading. Those 0byte files will change to full ones once the computer uploads them. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Riet W.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks Mark, indeed, I was too fast. Uploading/synchronising took more time than I thought.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Ask a Question section here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Riet W. New member | Level 1
    Mark Super User II
    Debbie M.1 New member | Level 1
    Ed Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?