cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a lawyer who works against child abuse and my material is beeing stolen. WHAT CAN BE DONE?

I am a lawyer who works against child abuse and my material is beeing stolen. WHAT CAN BE DONE?

EdmarChagasJr
Explorer | Level 3

Sou advogado de famílias que tiveram casos de abuso infantil não solucionado. Por isso mesmo há muito material sensível em meu dropbox que está sendo compartilhado por uma "equipe" que eu não consigo ver. A pasta simplesmente se torna compartilhada, e não consigo sair deste loop. Já tentei os meios convencionais mas ao que parece minhas mensagens desaguam no colo de quem não deveria. Já tentei copiar e apagar a pasta anterior e tudo mais mas não adiantou. Peço ajuda, vez que não sei até onde este material pode estar em mãos erradas. Eu retirei o material sensível do ar, mas receio acabar perdendo o trabalho dedicado a estas famílias por situações como esta.

I am an advocate for families who have had unresolved cases of child abuse. That's why there's a lot of sensitive stuff in my dropbox that's being shared by a "team" that I can't see. The folder simply becomes shared, and I can't get out of this loop. I've tried conventional means, but apparently my messages end up in the lap of those who shouldn't. I've tried copying and deleting the previous folder and everything but to no avail. I ask for help, since I don't know how far this material can be in the wrong hands. I removed the sensitive material from the air, but I'm afraid I end up losing the work dedicated to these families due to situations like this.

3 Replies 3

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @EdmarChagasJr, thanks for reaching out to the Dropbox Community.

Would you mind giving us some more info on the issue at hand?

Are you currently a member of a Dropbox Business team?

How does the folder keep getting shared, if you're not the one sharing it from your account? Do other people have access to your account?

Any additional info you can give us, would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

EdmarChagasJr
Explorer | Level 3
No, Im sharing my folder with no one. I did not consente any share, even integrante any Business or Team. Im personal account and I have no notion about Who is The admin/ owner. O want to Leave any group that includes me. I never consent anything. Can someone tell me Who is The admin and how can I Leave it?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @EdmarChagasJr, you mentioned that you're using a personal account. 

Did you create the folder with all the images, or someone else? Any folder that was created from your end, on your Dropbox account shouldn't be automatically shared, unless you choose to share it with someone. 

You can see more in regards to the folder's permissions here. If you are part of a shared folder, and you aren't the owner, you can remove yourself using these steps, however the content might still remain on their Dropbox account. 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    EdmarChagasJr Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?