cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera uploads number on Dropbox don't match up to camera roll

Camera uploads number on Dropbox don't match up to camera roll

shelshot
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there,

I am helping someone set up her Android phone to back up to Dropbox automatically. The number in Dropbox (5193) does not match what is on her camera roll (12K+). It took only a few hours to upload these, however, when I did my first Dropbox upload it took more than a week to upload 20K+ from my camera roll.

I have looked at both the mobile App and Dropbox.com - there are no errors and it looks all perfect, except her camera roll has 12K photos/videos in it and Dropbox says 5193....

I am a Mac and iPhone user and am somewhat out of my depth with her old Samsung Android phone and what settings I should check.

I have cleared the cache and restarted the App a few times. We only downloaded the App last week so it's a newer version.

Help please.... Thanks!!

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @shelshot, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It can take some time for that many images in the camera roll to upload to the Dropbox account.

Is the mobile connected to a stable and reliable WiFi network? Are there any messages in the mobile app saying that it is uploading or anything else?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

shelshot
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you so much for replying. She is on her home wifi which seems stable enough, she usually just uses mobile data though - I switched that off. I've included the below screenshot. She says she cannot click on the little camera icon at the top, it's greyed out. And so are the other options at the top. She has taken more than 7 photos this month too....

shelshot_1-1676380263502.png

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Are all the images in the camera roll itself, or in other albums visible on the phone?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

shelshot
Explorer | Level 3

If I understand your question correctly, yes the 12 images are visible in her camera roll. I'm not sure what you mean by other albums on her phone? If I go into the camera roll, I can see that it says 12671 images.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @shelshot, do you perhaps have a screenshot of her camera uploads settings from the "account" tab you can send us?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

danieliversen
Explorer | Level 4

Sounds like the original poster was worn down with questions. Are there any current issues with Camera Uploads on iOS or Android Dropbox? For anyone else coming here, I too had an issue a while back where the mobile app would simply silently fail to upload some photos, and the desktop app would be able to catch them, so I'd occasionally ensure that I plugged my phone (iPhone in my case) into the computer to make sure nothing was missed, but it made me mistrust the reliability of the mobile app. Now I have issues where Dropbox on each of my Macs (Intel and M1) won't upload anything via Camera Upload, so it would be nice if we could trust the mobile app 100%!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

danieliversen Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    shelshot Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?