cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I sync files with Dropbox from one Windows computer to another?

How can I sync files with Dropbox from one Windows computer to another?

Habsfan
Explorer | Level 3

Good day, brand new to dropbox....!

I have been toying around, but I am definitely doing something wrong as I do not see synchronization happening....! I.e. The files on Laptop is diffenent that dropbox...!

I looked around in the hope to get some "Basics" (And I mean really basic...!) video which would go step by step (with images, if possible) on how to setup dropbox on a Win 11 Laptop, especially on How to sync a folder/file(s).

In the end, all I want to do is to share about a dozen of files (for myself) from my Laptop to my tablet. As there is no sync happening,  I have to manually upload files after every revision...!

I presently use MS OneDrive and it is OK, but I was just "testing" Dropbox just to see the difference and see if there was any advantage using DropBox. Needless to say, that so far I am failing miserably in testing DropBox for myself.

Thanks for any help,

12 Replies 12

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Habsfan, thanks for the update!

Now that you reinstalled the Dropbox app, there is a small Dropbox icon at the bottom right of your screen on your system tray.

I can see it in your screenshot, next to the computer's language and the WiFi icon.

Can you hover over it with your mouse and let us know what you see?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Habsfan
Explorer | Level 3

Here is what is coming up:  (Note: It DB says the files are updated, but when looking at a particular file, it is not updated....I have a feeling that source and target files are not where I think they should be....I need to dig into the problem, and try to make sense of what I am looking at,,,,!). Thanks,

Habsfan_0-1724182028759.png

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Habsfan, you can see all the ways to learn more about Dropbox here

Now, keep in mind that when you install the app on the device, a Dropbox folder will be created inside your File Explorer. 

That folder will be a mirror of all the content you have inside your account online. If you add content in the folder, the changes should sync to your account online, and vice versa.

Is that how you add content locally? By adding it inside your Dropbox folder? 

Also, is it possible that you're logged into two different Dropbox accounts: one online, and the other locally? 

You can see the email linked to your account online here, and as for the app here

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Habsfan Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?