cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to remove folders still showing despite removing group access.

Help to remove folders still showing despite removing group access.

clarebalderston
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I have logged into my dropbox and still have access to an old projects group, I have followed the instructions from dropbox to remove myself from the groups, but in my folder list I still have access to all the folders and I want them removed. 

I dont have contact with the person who managed the project and I dont want to delete the folders incase I am deleting from the group Admins.

HELP 😉 

Clare

1 Reply 1

Calvin2DBX
Dropbox Staff

Hi @clarebalderston,

Thanks for getting in touch! Let's see what kind of folders these are that need to be removed.

Which folder symbol do they show on your side?

For regular "Shared folder" items, you can delete your copies and it won't affect anyone else, or you can remove yourself permanently.

If Team folders show after you have been removed from a group, either you have access to items inside the folders (you'd keep access only to those things instead of the whole folder), or they could have been shared with the "Everyone" setting instead.

Your Team Admin can change the setting from "Everyone" to specific people and groups in the Admin Console "Content" tab.

Keep me posted with what you find!

Calvin
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Calvin2DBX Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?