cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Not every file appearing in file explorer

Folder online but not in explorer

Jamires
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi,

All of my folders have synced to my PC except one. I am able to see in online and access it but it is not available via the app or on explorer despite being shared with me.

Thanks,

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sarg3ant
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jamires,

Have you tried this?

1. Click on the Dropbox icon in the bottom right corner on the windows toolbar.
  2. Click on your initials/profile pic
  3. Click "preferences"
  4. Click "Sync"
  5. Click "selective sync"

Make sure all your files are ticked and click update and the should be then synced to your file explore in windows and not just online.

Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

31 Replies 31

Sarg3ant
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Jamires,

Have you tried this?

1. Click on the Dropbox icon in the bottom right corner on the windows toolbar.
  2. Click on your initials/profile pic
  3. Click "preferences"
  4. Click "Sync"
  5. Click "selective sync"

Make sure all your files are ticked and click update and the should be then synced to your file explore in windows and not just online.

Hope this helps 

Jamires
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

So simple yet didn't even come to mind, thanks for that!

Sarg3ant
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Can you hit the like on my answer trying to get free space 🙂

MRC62
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I recently got a new computer with work and installed DropBox to access all of my previous files. I noticed that all of my loose documents and folders are appearing in my new computers file explorer, but I am missing most of my documents from within those folders. When I log into DropBox online I see that all of my documents are within my folders, yet these do not appear on my new computers file explorer. For example, I have a folder which should contain 35 word documents, but in file explorer, it is only showing 4. Anyone know the answer to this?!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @MRC62, how is your Friday going? 

Can you let me know your syncing status, and version of the app? 

Also, have you checked on your end, to make sure that the files you're missing don't have any invalid characters

Let me know!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ronalandaniel
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

When I got a new computer, the Dropbox install said something about me having a ton of files and that I should just select which ones to show for now. I selected very few. Now, I need some files. I see them in Dropbox online, but I don't know how to get them to appear in my computer's Dropbox folder. (I know that the items in my computer's Dropbox folder I can choose to SmartSync as Local or Online Only - but how do I sync the ones that aren't showing up?)

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ronalandaniel wrote:

I see them in Dropbox online, but I don't know how to get them to appear in my computer's Dropbox folder. ... how do I sync the ones that aren't showing up?

You're probably looking for Selective Sync.

mezzazzy
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have to log in to like your comment, my folder's name is nothing wrong but after renaming then it can be synced again, quite weird.
PS: The folder is uploaded via Browser and appears on web only, can not see anything on the desktop app.

JasonB2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I click on the initials and no 'Preferences' nor sync, only settings. This is important as another company asked me to sync their files and seems to remove from explorere my main clients files?? why cant it show both or three or more like One Drive?

Need more support?