cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the new files added to a shared folder?

Finding the new files added to a shared folder?

kingfish
New member | Level 2

I use a shared folder with a client so that they can easily send me .jpg photo files. The client creates a sub-folder for a job and procedes to put 100 files into it. After syncing has completed, I go about processing the photos. Then, about an hour later, the client adds 25 more files to the folder with creation times and names that are interspersed with the existing files in the folder--from the same camera and photo session (but not direct camera/phone uploads). I struggle to figure out which are the 25 that were just added.

Is there a way to see file history--that is, what date/time did DropBox handle it and to sort files by that time stamp? Such a simple concept, yet, I cannot find a way to do it. Obviously, I can train my client to create new sub-folders for addded files, but I would rather not put the onus on my client?

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

You should be able to see any changes on your Events page.

Mark
Super User II
You cant do it via the desktop software, sorry, but you could *try* and see if www.dropbox.com/recents helps although I have a feeling it will simply say 'X added 25 files'.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

kingfish
New member | Level 2

Great suggestion for solving part of my dilemma. Yes, it answers "relatively" when files were added/deleted.  Oddly, there isn't a time stamp--just the relative order in which it added/deleted. So it doesn't define a sub-group (like files added after a descrete time). There doesn't seem to be a way to select a group of files in the screen (like a checkbox or shift-click or ctrl-click), only allowing  selecting files individually. So, I'm back to examining file content and comparing the content.

Also, I couldn't find a way to get at the "Events" page via a link/control on the website. Not a biggie, it is easy to add the /events to get https://www.dropbox.com/events. I have a free account and I guess they made changes. So is that a legacy feature not offered to those that don't know about it? Or is it not shown to free accounts but shown to paid? It doesn't matter--I'm just curious.

So, I am still looking for a complete solution, but Kudos to Rich.

kingfish
New member | Level 2
Thanks Mark. You're right, it just summarizes history and NOT recent history. It shows me last week's stuff without any detail.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kingfish New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?