cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'File Provider update' has caused so many issues.

'File Provider update' has caused so many issues.

fr_618
New member | Level 2

I've used Dropbox for about a decade.  I'm a full time photographer, my work routine will be to switch between working from my Mac Mini and my MacBook many times a day.  For years, I just wait for the ":heavy_check_mark: Your files are up to date" before continuing work after switching computers.

I clicked "Update now" after seeing, randomly, a Dropbox update that said I was "eligible for the new Dropbox for macOS on File Provider".  I've regretted it so much since doing so, as it's caused me an incredible about of frustration.  I can't use my workflow!

- So many issues with syncing files, with no logical explanation.

- The file that I *need* to sync refuses to.  There is a cloud next to it, even though I've set everything to be available offline.  The cloud does nothing when clicked... I don't know what it means.

- Even though I've set it to make new files available offline, I've had so many 'online only' files appear.

I need to get things working the way they used to.  Can anyone help, or am I better to switch to an alternative provider?

1 Reply 1

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi there @fr_618 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please let us know your computer's exact OS version, and the version and status of the Dropbox desktop app as shown in your menu bar?

As for making files available offline or online-only, you can have a look here

Please keep me posted!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?