cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Formulas Not Updating When Files Sync

Excel Formulas Not Updating When Files Sync

rrinyai
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Everyone,

I have a master time sheet workbook that is linked to my clients' time sheets on my computer.  So, whenever a time sheet for, lets say, client A is updated, the master time sheet has a formula that updates client A's details automatically.

This works great when I update client A's time sheet myself and shows up updated on the master time sheet.  The issue is that when this is done by one of my team members via Dropbox, it shows blank in the cell where the formula used to be.  I have to manually open client A's time sheet once Dropbox syncs the file, then the master time sheet file updates the details.

How can I get this to work automatically, so that I don't have to manually open client A's time sheet each time an update is made via Dropbox?

Thanks,

rrinyai

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

You wont be able to - the update to your spreadsheet can only occur when the macros run and that needs the spreadsheet to be open and ran to do it. 

Dropbox doesnt have a way of running applications/files etc. it simply copies them around

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?