cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Come meet Theresa who is excited to join this awesome Dropbox Community. Learn all about her here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox upload contextual menu on Android

Dropbox upload contextual menu on Android

Tharanei
Explorer | Level 3

Hi everyone,
I'm on a oneplus 10 pro.
Os and Dropbox app are up to date.

Problem : when I want to upload a file from another app (gallery, audio recorder, ...), I have a new contextual menu, where I cannot choose precisely the folder where I want to upload.
It did change like one / two weeks ago. Previously I had the right menu. Now I can only upload to the root folder and the search field do not allow me to choose another one.
A colleague of mine has the same.problem on another OnePlus Android phone, the other on iOS have no problem.

Thank you for your time

16 Replies 16

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for clarifying that for us @Tharanei 

Would it be OK if we reached out via email to have a further look internally at this point? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tharanei
Explorer | Level 3
Yes for sure, it's easier on my private email adress (gmail), i think you can see it.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing @Tharanei - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

RyanFromDropbox
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi, @Tharanei -- I'm Ryan, and I work on the Product Management team at Dropbox.

Thank you for sharing this issue with us. The menu you're seeing is a new design that our team is currently releasing for users. This new design is intended to make it easier to find and select folders while uploading, and I'm sorry to hear that it's not working properly for you.

I'd like to learn more about the specific issues you're having, so that we can make any necessary improvements to this design.

@WalterH , can you please include me in the email thread/conversation you're having with Tharanei? I'd love to get more details!

Thank you and talk soon,

Ryan

RyanFromDropbox
Dropbox Product Manager

Hi, @Walter -- I replied in the general thread, but I'd love to be included in this follow-up conversation! This is a new design that our team is in the process of rolling out, and I'd love to get more details on the specific issues, so that our team can address them.

Tharanei
Explorer | Level 3
Hello !
I'm available for any question.
The mail thread has been closed for confidentiality reason because I do not have access to the email linked to the business account. I have access to the domain name but not this specific mail address.

You've got my private and business email if needed .

Thank you

RyanFromDropbox
Dropbox Product Manager

@Tharanei Thank you! I just sent you an email at your personal email address. Talk to you soon!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RyanFromDropbox Dropbox Product Manager
    Tharanei Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?