cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Copy public link is not working on dropbox.com

Seneca M.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi I've been using that COPY PUBLIC LINK from dropbox.com for years and at first it used to actually copy it to the windows copy buffer as it should.  Over the past couple of months it would pop the address as it should but it stopped being able to automatically copy to the copy buffer, but luckily i could still do it myself manually by manually selecting the text and hitting ctrl-c.  In the latest build of dropbox.com, it doesn't even list the address to the file anymore and obviously it couldn't copy to the buffer beforehands but now i can't do it manually either!  😞

so i can't share any files from dropbox.com right now!  😞  I've tried in both google chrome and firefox and same issue with both.  As for which version of windows i'm running, it's the up to date win10....   Thanks in advance.

-seneca

105 Replies 105

dw s.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

Had this same problem for past few days, please sort this out soon DB - and many thanks to the poster who provided the temporary workaround of using your own DB number with the folder/file names etc!

SEBASTIAN R.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I got a response for a ticket, they don't seem at all interested in dealing with this.

Mohammed L.1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

While coping the public link of an uploaded image via my web-based Dropbox account, I noticed that clicking on 'copy public link..' option doesn't respond at all.

This issue occurred recently. Also, Before this issue, there was another issue which is the generated public link was not shorten when I clicked on 'shorten' button. Why is Dropbox descending in its features.

I have read "I'd suggest installing the latest stable release"
Why do they say so? I don't use the Dropbox desktop app/client at all, and it was not installed on my system.
I am using Windows 10 system

Pablo f.6
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

they should be needing to hire technicians, 4 days with this problem 😞

Heroquestgame F
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same problem here. Please advise as soon as this fault is sorted. 

Bastian T.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

same problem!

Alastair G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Why are we not hearing from Dropbox?

Heroquestgame F
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solved.

Just installed "DropboxPortableAHK" a great piece of software which allows access to dropbox.

Nancy U.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I moved the MP3 file from Public to another folder.  In the other folder I found the file and clicked share and then copy link.  The link copied and I used it on the website.  It's a different format but the file will play on the website.  

Pablo f.6
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

do not solve 😞

Need more support?