cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we have the "Sync Next" option for folders too?

Can we have the "Sync Next" option for folders too?

ronill
New member | Level 2

It will make my life so much easier if I could choose what folder should be sync first, or at least have the option to make a file sync next, I dont know why this option disappeared.. Im a photographer and I work with a lot of photos. every time Im editing the dropbox takes forever to upload my original unedited photos first before the photos I've already edit. its time consuming and quite annoying.

9 Replies 9

Ricardobzm_BR
New member | Level 2

That would be great, have the option to choose the file/folder that will be sync next would be a fast track for me as Dropbox user. Some times there are those large files that sync in front of my main file and it takes forever!

This possibility will make everything even better!

Creative Soul
Helpful | Level 6

We've been asking for this sort of function for a long time! C'mon DropBox!  People have voted for this idea on various posts over the years.  The only reply we get eventually is: "This idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the 'Share an Idea' process." 

What nonsense!!

ABLG
New member | Level 2

It seems that the "Sync Next" option is only  available for single files so far, why not extended it to folders ?

This would make life much easier 🙂

I am a Filmmaker BTW.

Cheers

grantburks
New member | Level 2

It would be really handy to be able to prioritize an entire 'folder' or 'batch' of files to be able to use the 'synch next' feature on. As of now, I can only use this feature on individual files. Given that I have a lot of video files I want to be prioritized, this will take a long time selecting them individually. If I could select an entire folder to 'synch next' it would be handy.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hi @grantburks, your idea seems to echo this one, so I merged your post under this thread. Feel free to take a look and upvote it as well to show your interest. 

For anyone not seeing the 'sync next' option for files, please open a new thread in Ask the Community so that we can assist further. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

cmcc5858
New member | Level 2

Having 'sync next' for a folder not just the hundreds of individual photo files that are usually within my folders would be a HUGE time saver

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hi all! Hope you’re doing great.

Can you please check the info at the bottom of this Help Center article, and let me know if it helps with what you’d like to achieve exactly?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CharlieW
Explorer | Level 4

This does not solve the request. I have large folders already selectively synced, but I want a specific folder to upload before the rest.

For example, yesterday I worked on a video which is uploading now (large files uploading slowly). Today I want to work on a different project which requires me to use a folder full of small pngs, they are in the queue after the large file. I want these pngs to download before the big video uploads, but I don't want to right click on all of the 200+ files and select sync next.

CharlieW
Explorer | Level 4

I may have found a hack for now, I've opened all the pngs in preview. It forces Dropbox to download those images first. Folder or multiple file Sync next would be smoother.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CharlieW Explorer | Level 4
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
    cmcc5858 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?