cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users completely skip the prompt to open the mobile app when we're sharing files with them?

Can users completely skip the prompt to open the mobile app when we're sharing files with them?

EspaceSud
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We've shared a folder, but on mobile the visitors are all blocked by the landing page for the mobile application?

How can we avoid having this intermediate page that loses our visitors who are not used to digital?

IMG_E1D74BB473F2-1.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Not sure how you are using it, but, I suppose the biggest thing I'd say is that Dropbox is not a content delivery system. It is not designed to be used for people to share it as a work group type set up - its much more intended for 'you need this doc/files etc. here you go' rather than a "we are selling these" or "here are your resources for X". 

If you want to share lots of info with people (especially if it needs protecting and not sharing around) you need to look at a diff system unfortunately. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

No there isnt. They need to tap on the bit that says 'continue to website' (or similar). 

The only options to get around would force it to auto download, but, as its a folder on a mobile device that wouldnt work

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

EspaceSud
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I understand Dropbox's desire to push its mobile application to the fore, but it's at the expense of a clear interface. That's a shame. I just did a test on my users at the launch of our product, and 90% thought they had to have the mobile app to download, which is not true. The secondary button and closing cross are too discreet. As a result, we're losing downloads. It's a shame. We'll do things differently next time.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Not sure how you are using it, but, I suppose the biggest thing I'd say is that Dropbox is not a content delivery system. It is not designed to be used for people to share it as a work group type set up - its much more intended for 'you need this doc/files etc. here you go' rather than a "we are selling these" or "here are your resources for X". 

If you want to share lots of info with people (especially if it needs protecting and not sharing around) you need to look at a diff system unfortunately. 

EspaceSud
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Okay, got it.
And finally the folder file downloaded on mobile is in .zip... not a folder with a pdf, definitely a problem.

Thx

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@EspaceSud wrote:

And finally the folder file downloaded on mobile is in .zip... not a folder with a pdf, definitely a problem.

Folders will always download as a Zip file, as will multiple files selected and downloaded at once.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

@EspaceSud wrote:

Okay, got it.

Thx

And to add to what @Rich said - that is same if you are on website or mobile. And across all Cloud solutions that I can think of - means you get 1 download instead of 10 or 15 for example.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Rich Super User II
    EspaceSud New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?